Sat, 19 Aug|
Petone Working Mens Club
Notorious Grand Tournament III
New Zealand's largest tournament is back and better than ever. 5 games of 2,000 point match play Age of Sigmar over 2 days in a fully licensed venue. Painting competition, spots prizes and tickets to the Oceanic Champions Circuit up for grabs
Time & Location
19 Aug, 9:00 am NZST – 20 Aug, 5:00 pm NZST
Petone Working Mens Club, 45/47 Udy Street, Petone, Lower Hutt 5012, New Zealand
About The Event
- Great vibes good venue.
- New Zealand’s first forge world trophy up for grabs.
- 3 tickets to the Oceanic Champions Circuit final in Melbourne up for grabs.
- Best Coast Pairings will be used for pairings and results.
- Battlepack with battleplans and scoring to be released after the upcoming GHB is out.
- Painting competition, spot prizes and that good stuff
- Chess clocks for top tables from round 3 onwards.
Notorious Grand Tournament III is brought to you by:
- Kapiti Hobbies
- Mithras Games
- Mighty Ape
The event will be taking place Saturday August 19th – Sunday august 20th at the Petone Working Mens Club in Wellington New Zealand. What to expect from Notorious GT III? The same good vibes as always with random prizes, great trophies, and painting competitions onsite bar and food.
This year for an extra little spice the Oceanic Champions Circuit (OCC) have endorsed us. What does this mean? Well, I am excited to say up for grabs will be New Zealand’s first ever forge world Age of Sigmar trophy supply by GW. We will also be offering 3 tickets to the final of the Oceanic Championships of Warhammer which is scheduled to take place in Melbourne October 14-15. This is a GW endorsed event and players will have a chance to compete for a golden ticket for the world final held in in America https://www.warhammer-community.com/.../warhammer-events.../
We intend to assist the 3 ticket winners financially to help with their travel cost to Melbourne. The amount we can assist will depend on the number of tickets we are able to sell, and we will confirm this with the winners down the road.
Given there will be a new generals handbook (GHB) after the tickets go on sale and prior to the event we will be releasing a “battlepack” like we did last year after the GHB has been released. The intent for this is not to give anyone miss leading missions as we do not know what will be in the next GHB. We will also release what scoring we will be using at this time but after the positive feedback from last year we will most likely use a Win Loss Draw system with victory points differential or total victory points as tie breaks.
We will also be running our Notorious painting competition with several categories. Expect best overall both judge and player vote, best unit, monster and more. Painting standard will be gameswork shop table top standard. In other words no grey plastic or bases. Models that do not meet this requirement will be taken off the table. 3D prints and third-party models are allowed providing they represent what they are meant to be. Please contact the TO on alternative models so there is no slat moments on the day.
Like last year we will be using chess clocks for the top tables from round 3 onwards. This is to avoid any slow play or time drama at the top end of the competition. Time will be split evenly between players and if a players time runs out they are only able to make save rolls. Further comment to follow in the battlepack.
Doors Open: 8.30am
Round 1: Power Flux 9am - 11.50am
Lunch: 11.50 am - 12.35pm
Round 2: Limited Resources 12.35 pm - 3.25 pm
Round 3: No Reward Without Risk 3.30 pm - 6.20 pm
Round 4: Every Step Is Forward 9am - 11.50am
Lunch: 11.50am - 12.35pm
Paint voting 12.35 pm – 1 pm
Round 5: Geomantic Pulse 1 pm – 3.50 pm
Trophies and Awards: - 4.10 pm
- Lists are to be submitted to Sigmar Central (https://forms.wix.com/2536aef0-9349-4427-a0a4-032208eaa8f1:281be299-1c82-47e1-9473-2342bb132f02)
- Lists are due Aug 9, 2023. Late list will incur a scoring penalty.
- Tickets can be refunded up to the 14th of July. Following this, refunds will be at the TO's discretion.
Paint & Hobby:
- 3D printed models are allowed. A joy of the hobby is the variety of miniatures players are able to convert and model to represent the varied entities of the Mortal Realms. On top of this are all the third party ranges that players can incorporate into their armies to further personalize its feel and narrative. On the other hand however is the need to ensure players’ models are easily identifiable and don’t interfere with other players’ enjoyment of the game. If in doubt run it past the TO.
- All models must be painted to a battle ready standard.
Scoring will be confirmed in the battlepack. However, this will likely use a Win, Loss, Draw system with victory points differential or total victory points as tie breaks.
- Terrain rules will be rolled by players each round.
- Players are expected to hold themselves to a high standard of etiquette for an enjoyable experience for themselves and opponents. Players be clear about their intent prior to movement and dice rolling. Players must be pleasant to each other, outside of mutual tabletop banter. Multiple valid complaints about how a player conducts themselves will result in disciplinary action. The TO reserves the right to remove players from the event for any anti social behaviour and avoid their scores. No refund will be offer.
- For rules disputes the first point should be to resolve the dispute at the table based on the rules of the game. Should this fail head judge Shaun Tubman will make a final ruling.
Outside of placings, sports and paint, prizes at Notorious are known for being silly and a bit of fun. There is no set criteria for how they can be won and are solely at our discretion.