Sat, 23 Sept|
Tonsley Hotel & Cellars
Southern Smash Grand Tournament 2023
SSGT is Back! 2 days 5 rounds 50 players
Time & Location
23 Sept, 9:00 am – 24 Sept, 5:30 pm
Tonsley Hotel & Cellars, 1274 South Rd, Clovelly Park SA 5042, Australia
About The Event
At a glance:
- Rules: General’s Handbook 2023-2024, 2000 points Matched Play.
- Round Length: 3 hours.
- Rounds: 5
- Results: Results will be uploaded to Stats and Ladders
- Chess Clocks: Optional pending both agree.
- Grudge matches: If both players agree - TO must be notified.
- Blood rule is in effect for round 1.
- No FAQ - No Play.
8:30am – 9:00am Doors open
9:00am – 12:00pm Game 1 – Lines of communication
12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch & Army Display
1:00pm – 4:00pm Game 2 – Geomagnetic pulse
4:00pm – 7:00pm Game 3 – Fountain of frost
8:30am – 9:00am Doors open
9:00am – 12:00pm Game 4 – Every step forward
12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch
1:00pm – 4:00pm Game 5 – No risk no reward
4:00pm – 5:00pm Pack-up, Tallying & Presentations
- Lists are to be submitted via Stats & Ladders by 8:00pm Saturday the 9th of September.
- Lists are to be submitted in plain text, copied from WARSCROLL BUILDER or the WH AoS app.
- If a list is incorrectly submitted you will be asked to resubmit it and penalised 5 tournament points out of the total.
- Lists will be published prior to the event allowing the wider community to rule-check and raise any potential issues with builds or army mechanics so the TO can make decisions well in advance of the tournament.
- The TO will contact you and ask you to amend your list if needed.
PAINTING & MODELS:
- Models are to be strictly WYSIWYG.
- Conversions, 3D printed models are allowed providing they accurately represent what they are meant to be and have been cleared by the TO prior to the event.
- If the model you intend to use is not the GW model represented on the War scroll it must be cleared with the TO.
- If you have a heavily modified or unusual model, please send a picture to email@example.com for approval. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
Rather than using a painting rubric it is expected that all models in use meet the minimum standard outlined below (or better).
Every single model that you use during the tournament, including summoned models, must be ‘Battle Ready' and based. Battle ready means everything is base coated and shaded, or have been painted with contrast. Full contrast armies are fine. Showing white primer is not. Bases should be textured or painted a solid colour. Unpainted models will be removed from the table.
Terrain will be pre set and pre-rolled on each table. At the start of each round, players can pivot, or move them the minimum distance to ensure objective markers are flat on the table. There will Line of sight blocking and impassable terrain features.
Games will be scored using 20-0 Differential.
Tie-breakers are VP and SoS.
Guidelines on sportsmanship:
• Always be polite and respectful.
• Always tell the truth and never cheat.
• Arrive on time with all of the things you need to play the game.
• Avoid using language your opponent might find offensive.
• Offer your opponent a chance to examine your army roster before the battle starts.
• Answer any questions your opponent has about your army and the rules that apply to your army.
• Measure moves and distances carefully and accurately.
• Give your opponent the chance to examine your dice rolls before picking up the dice.
• Remind your opponent about rules they may have forgotten to use or that they have used incorrectly, especially when doing so is to your opponent’s advantage rather than your own.
• Never deliberately waste time during a game.
• Avoid distracting an opponent when they are trying to concentrate, and be careful to respect their personal space.
• Never complain about your bad luck or your opponent’s good luck.
• Never collude with an opponent to fix the outcome of a game.
Guidelines on dispute resolution:
If a game has not reached a conclusion by the end of the last round, the players must come to an agreement (math-hammer) on who would win and which auxiliary objectives would be scored if the game had concluded 5 full battle rounds. If agreement cannot be made, a TO should be informed, and the TO’s decision will be final.
No risk no reward will house ruled to be 9 inches from the opponents territory.
- First, Second, Third and Spoon Awarded to the three players who have the highest tournament points accumulated and the person who comes dead last.
- Best Opponent - Each player will be asked to nominate who their favourite (Primary), and second favourite (secondary) opponents were over the tournament via Stats & Ladders. The winner will be the player who has the most primary votes. Tie breakers will be based on secondary votes.
- Coolest Army – Players Vote Each player will be asked to nominate who their favourite army (Primary), and second favourite (secondary). Each player will then have a chance to inspect those armies and vote on their favourite via Stats & Ladders.
- Strongest Team - A group of players can nominate themselves to be a team of up 4 players. The team with the top 3 best placings will win.